tarot with zaneta
my approach to the tarot is a blend of the fresh scent of pine in the high mountains, the warmth of a late summer bonfire, the gentle support of the ocean as you’re floating on the glistening waves, and the whispering wind rustling through the crisp autumn leaves. clarifying, soulful, empowering, and spiritual af.
my tarot healing work is based on four universal truths:
- we are all interconnected (see the fiilipino term kapwa)
- we are inherently worthy by the fact that we exist
- we are complex multiverse beings
- creative expression is our birthright and the key to living a more whole and authentic life
when we are centered in these truths, we remember that we are loved. we are connected to helpful + supportive energies. we trust our intuition and feel empowered to take loving action. and ultimately we are able to reclaim our rightful place in the kingdom of things by living as our whole and beautifully unique selves.
tarot helps us recenter in these basic universal truths. the 78 cards provide 78 archetypes or symbolic doorways which lead to new perspectives, lessons, and questions that can bring us back to our personal power and well-being.
specifically, the tarot is immensely powerful during times of transition, stress, life’s challenges, planning for the future, when you need re-centering or just to check in with yourself. essentially the tarot is good for anytime you need help, guidance, or inspiration.
by plugging into the universal archetypes and symbols of the tarot, we’re connecting to collective wisdom. this helps us see through limiting beliefs and patterns born from upbringing, trauma, ancestral trauma, or larger systems of oppression such as colonialism or the patriarchy.
my healing and reading offerings are focused on:
- creative empowerment
- soul’s purpose
- creative projects and planning
- ancestral trauma
- self love and development
readings are a collaboration between client and reader. open and affirming space is held with the utmost confidentiality. during the reading, we will discuss what’s going on and what you’re seeking. working with the cards we will glean information about what energies are currently at play, what lessons are coming up, and any options.
my work with the tarot often integrates other healing practices such as decolonization, self-reflection, identity work, meditation, sound therapy, listening, art, movement, energy work, or witchcraft into the session.
the tarot is truly illuminating as it reflects yourself in your many multifaceted ways. it offers you the opportunity to see aspects of yourself and/or situations that might otherwise go unnoticed in daily life.
tarot has been a true friend on my own healing journey and i believe that no matter where you are, a reading can always help you find your way back to yourself.
I loved it! You know how sometimes people say a lot without really saying anything or giving any real helpful advice? Well I felt that Zaneta is the complete opposite of that and I took a lot from the reading.
Zaneta came off clear, knowledgeable, authentic and friendly. I liked how she began and ended with deep breaths and a prayer. It felt warm and really nice.
I got some great ideas from the video on how I can come off clearer to people and I made some changes to my page because of it. I feel like Zaneta gave me a lot of valuable information to ponder.
Zaneta’s devotion to the sacredness of her practice combined with her natural gifts of intuitive listening make her a rare and extraordinary reader. I entered my tarot reading feeling creatively blocked, uncertain about which direction to take as an artist, and confused as to why I was experiencing these things. Five cards and a few tears later, I left feeling enriched by the depth of clarity I’d received concerning my past, present, and future realities. Now, nearly three months later, I continue to refer back to the insights she shared with me as I move forward along my creative life path.
This was super helpful and very on point for where I’m at right now. My life cycle is the tower right now so knowing I need to lean into it is so helpful because I feared the tower and viewed it as an upheaval but I think it’s about learning to be okay in the discomfort. THANK YOU
I really enjoyed the format of a video that felt very tactile / high context with the email follow up with a summary and additional insights. It felt so personal and so effective. Maybe even more so than an in-person reading because I got to revisit things and listen to sections again!
There was so much in the reading that resonated with me and Zaneta really tied it to the creative process and landscape in a way that was meaningful and informed…very big meaningful resonances coming through for me. The reminder that it never has to be perfect, that I’m already good enough, that’s been just what I needed this week. Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!
how does tarot work?
tarot is a pictorial system of 78 archetypes and symbols that helps people unearth limiting beliefs and patterns, and view situations from alternative perspectives.
tarot works by providing a series of archetypes and symbols that connect our intuition to collective human experiences. in effect, tarot allows us to plug in to a broader understanding our experiences. when we do this, we can gain new perspectives on our challenges and find new ways to move forward. much like getting a bird’s eye view, rather than staying on the ground.
with any tool, the magical aspects of tarot are relative to the practitioner. a paint brush could be a tool for deep artistic expression or a piece of junk. in this sense, the tarot is as magical as you need it to be.
areas of focus
ethics + policies
Welcome. Below are my ethics + policies and legal disclaimer. Please read over these prior to scheduling a tarot reading.
- i am an intuitive tarot reader who is rooted traditional smith rider waite system.
- at any time my readings may combine the following modalities: tarot, meditation, art, sound, magic, listening, drumming, ancestral connection, energy work, crystals, herbs, self-reflection, creative empowerment, numerology, witchcraft, and decolonization.
- during readings, i work with my guides and yours. scheduling a reading with me is consent to work with your guides.
- i read for re-centering and realigning with the highest energy of love, truth, and personal empowerment. i do not read as a novelty. if this does not align with you, then i may not be the best reader for you.
- readings are a collaboration between reader and client. in order to work together, constructive communication must be in place. this means sharing some background about the situation/context, what you’re needing, and being honest to the best of your abilities.
- i do not answer yes or no questions, as they limiting and based in binary thinking which is harmful to the spirit.
- i do not tell you the future. you know your future best, as you are the only one who can make decisions and take action on your behalf. instead, i can answer what is a probable outcome based on current energies and approaches.
- i believe in freewill. the cards are a tool to empower our ability to decide the course of our lives. not the other way around.
- consent is everything. i will not read about folx who do not give consent. i do not read about absent third parties. please do not ask questions such as “what does he think of me?” or “how are they going to feel when they see me?” these questions pull the focus of the reading away from the client and toward someone who has no power or agency to make decisions for you. instead, i focus solely on the client and what you have power over. not what you think has power over you.
- as a tarot reader, my work is to deliver messages with the utmost care and clarity, to read the cards and present options based on their meanings, and hold space for you to work with those messages. the messages that come forth may or may not be to your liking. please know that is your work, the emotions surrounding messages and what those emotions might mean in your healing journey is an important part of processing after your reading. as such, i do not offer refunds for readings in which the client is unhappy about the message.
I reserve the right to follow my intuition at all times. If I do not feel I am energetically aligned with your needs, I will issue a full refund.
I do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, spiritual orientation, sexual orientation, ability, access, or gender identity.
I am not a licensed mental health care professional and therefore I cannot answer questions or give guidance on mental health and physical health. I am not a financial advisor or a lawyer, so I cannot answer questions or give guidance on financial investments or legal matters.
- I do not read for people under the age of 18 years old.
- I do not answer clarification questions post-reading. To have additional clarification, please schedule another reading.
- All communications and information disclosed are confidential.
Email and video recording readings are delivered within 7 business days of purchase. The exception being any emergencies.
- Refunds will be issued for email/video and online readings that are cancelled within 24 hours of purchase.
- No show online appointments cannot be rescheduled. Please carefully consider your needs and availability.
Tarot readings by Zaneta Sykes are spiritual in nature and do not purport to tell the future or your fortune with certainty, cure misfortune, commune supernaturally, or perform any service that would be in conflict with the laws of the land. No representations can be made whatsoever about the accuracy of the reading and should not be construed as predictive or psychic. Your reading is an objective process where cards are drawn, a subjective meaning is placed on those cards per certain reading traditions, and it is believed that such subjective meanings can be a spiritual experience.
A tarot reading should never be used in place of professional counseling. Your reading cannot offer legal, medical, business, or financial advice nor does any portion of your reading herein purport to. You should not rely on a tarot reading to make any decision that would affect your legal, financial, or medical condition. If your inquiry involves the law, finance, or medicine, then you should seek the advice of a licensed or qualified legal, financial, or medical professional. Also, tarot reading cannot replace qualified mental health care. A tarot reading can only facilitate how you cope spiritually with a given situation.
In certain jurisdictions, a tarot professional is required to disclose to you that tarot readings should be for entertainment purposes only, and if such a law applies to your reading, then you are hereby on notice thereof.
how can the tarot help you?
those 78 cards hold lessons, archetypes, symbols, inspiration, collective memories, and magic. with mindful intention and carefully crafted questions, the tarot can provide strikingly accurate insight into situations. opening new worlds of understanding and pathways for growth.
i’ve never walked away from a reading without knowing more about myself and feeling like i have a better grasp on my life.
though where the tarot really shines is in it’s ability to clarify where you are from a bird’s eye perspective. it’s a powerfully reflective tool that allows you to see your conscious and unconscious simultaneously. i’ve found that the more i understand about myself, the more options become available. suddenly where there were no leads, opportunities arise. and where there were seemingly insurmountable challenges, perspectives are reframed. in my experience, those shifts in awareness and insight help release limiting beliefs, allow lessons to be integrated, and for true healing to transpire.
so in effect, a tarot reading can be a catalyst for deep transformation and help boost your decision making processes. often giving just the right amount of information to move forward with confidence and clarity.